Monday, March 23, 2009

writing prompt

The only recent time that I can recall changing my mind on an issue would be the paper we just wrote for this class. My exploratory paper was on same sex marriage and my policy paper will be the moderate perspective of this issue. Before writing this previous paper I didnt think same sex marriage should be allowed and I felt this way mainly because I didnt know many facts about all the rights involved in marriage. I also didnt really know why people were against or for it so i just agreed with my parents and felt that it was wrong. After doing research I can agree with both sides of the arguement which has made me change my opinion to something more moderate. I think that homosexual people shouldnt be treated so unfairly so I think that they should be able to gain thier rights through something more than a domestic partnership but called something other than marriage. I feel that this way both sides of the argument are somewhat pacified.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you explained what view you had on same sex marriage and how it was changed over the course of your research. Also, I like how you explained why you were persuaded to think differently.

    ReplyDelete