The approach I will be writing about is local and will be based on the United States as a whole. I will be writing a proposal paper on same sex marriage. The problem on this issue is how there seems to be such a huge debate over same sex marriage and nothing seems to be resolved. As of now the majority of the United States has a ban on same sex marriage and many people battle the religious vs. civil rights issues involved in this issue. This seems to be unfair to both sides of the argument.
The solution I plan to propose is a moderate one. I feel that as for now it is best to not radically change the rules and laws that America presently follows. I feel that the best thing to do is settle the argument to in hopes of making both sides somewhat pacified. I think that instead of homosexuals being allowed to marry, they should be able to have most of the same rights as married couples and develop a new name for the issue. My proposed solution is justified because since there is little progress being made towards ending this argument. I feel that it is best to try to moderate between the extreme sides.
I am using the third perspective from my exploratory paper for this essay. I plan to use some of the extreme sources I found to show that so far nothing is really being achieved. I plan to also use the article written by Rachel Caufield and Debra Delaet because it is a more moderate approach on the issue. I will probably research more on the actual rights involved in marriage and which ones should be involved in this new proposal.
The main concern I have on this writing this paper is that I will not have enough information to make the appropriate length. Another concern I have is on the fact that this issue is so broad and extreme that I’m worried about finding the specific information to back up my proposal. In all of my research I didn’t see as many moderate views on the issue as I had hoped so I plan to do more research to see if anyone else agrees with this proposal.
Monday, April 20th, 2009
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment